I met with the dr and after a bunch of blood work they figured out my thyroid died. This is and isn't surprising. Isn't because for the past three years I have been complaining to my GP about symptoms that I was having and last year I even brought in a checklist for hypothyroidism and said- this has all of my symptoms, do you think I have it? And she said that it was probably just stress. Well, guess again. Score one for Shellie's Self Diagnosis. Your TSH levels are supposed to be between .3 and 3.0 but mine is 169! The doctor said she doesn't know how I manage to wake up in the morning and get out of bed (it actually does take some work, but always has, ask my sister) let alone work 40 hours, go to the gym and do volunteer work. She prescribed me some medication that she said would take a few months to get right and in the meantime, we have to stop trying to get pregnant as my levels are so low that it would be hazardous to adeveloping fetus IF we could even get pregnant to start with. She said all the pregnancy symptoms I've been experiencing the last few months can all be attributed to my hypothyroidism. At least it wasn't all in my head.
After the gym, M and I went out for dinner to catch up. We were chatting about her trip to Australia and my health problems and she said, "I think I have what you have." She's been very tired and her cycles are all messed up. Then she added, "And my boobs are so sore. I almost couldn't do yoga tonight!" Well, call me crazy, but that sounds more like the symptoms SM and SJ have been complaining about. I told her to go home and take a test. She was like, "Oh No. We aren't even going to start trying until my next cycle and we're not even sure if we'll do it then." I told her to take the test because if she calls her dr, that's the first thing they will ask her anyway so she might as well know for sure before she goes. Sure enough- she's pregnant!
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment