DH and I met with the surgeon today. My surgery is scheduled for 5/29 at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. I should be in the hospital for about 3 or 4 days and then I'll be home settling into my lazy vacation for 5 or 6 weeks, depending on how long I want to milk this thing for :^)
The dr, who is a specialist in these types of things, is optimistic that I may not even have a mass. She says there is good reason to believe that I may just have a build up (granted an extremely LARGE build up) of fluid being locked in place by some scar tissue from my previous surgeries. If that's the case, there is absolutely NO chance of cancer and this should be the end of all my woes.
Just in case it IS a tumor, she laid everything out for us and it is still as we expected- very LOW chance of cancer and no future fertility concerns.
Added bonuses-
In addition to a long vacation and, as some of you pointed out, a no-hassle weight-loss procedure, she will also be minimizing some of the scarring that I've had my entire life. She will be performing the surgery along one of my existing scars and cutting out some of the scarring around that incision. In true girl scout fashion, she'll be leaving me much better than she found me :^)
Because I know you all so well, I can already hear your little do-gooder minds churning. Please don't feel like you need to visit me in the hospital as I will be spending most of my time there sleeping and drugged and won't be very good company. Plus, I'll be home before you know it and you can visit me then, and skip having to pay for parking... wait a minute, that's a great idea! New rule- parking in our driveway will be $1/hour, street parking within eye sight of our house will be .50/hour. PC and SM, since your driveways are within eye sight, your revenue alone will provide all of the money I spent in copays this last month- sweet! LOL, just kidding :&) Parking will be free for all visitors. Please don't send/bring flowers, cards, or stuffed animals as they go against my cheapskate values. Please send emails!!! Once I stop sleeping, I'll be looking forward to spending some time reading LONG emails from you or, if you feel you must, e-cards.
Oh, and we're happy to announce that we've named our little fluid-blob-thing...drum roll......it's "Cys"cile. (No offense to anyone who is actually named Cecile, we're sure you don't share any other qualities to our little bundle of joylessness.) We thought it was the most appropriate, though we did entertain the suggestions of Tom the Tumor, Mighty Mass and Fred. Thank you for those who participated in the naming process. As Shana stated, "if something is going to take up that much room inside of you, it should have a name." So start working on your emails (but don't send them until after the 30th or else I promise I'll cheat and read them ahead of time). Not to mention any names, but some of you owe me longer emails than others- you know who you are :&)
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment