Friday, June 1, 2007

Welcome to the World, Cyscile!

Cyscile was delivered at about 2pm on 5/29/07. She was about 28cm in length and but kinda skinny, more like a deflated football. The best thing is that she wasn't cancerous (I didn't use benign because her characteristics were actually malignant except for the cancer part)! Woohoo! We put on a good front, but DH and I were worried for a bit there.

I only stayed in the hospital for two days. It smelled bad and my neighbor was LOUD so I was ready to get out of there. My pain level has been very manageable and I've been moving around pretty well so as soon as my stomach woke up, they said I could come home. My incision looks really good and as promised the surgeon was able to get rid of some of my old scarring. I've gotten off to such a good start that my recovery should be much faster than we anticipated.

The surgeon- an gyno-oncologist doesn't think we'll have any fertility issues, but she did have to remove one ovary and fallopian tube that was destroyed by Cyscile. Plus, she said we only have to wait 6-8 weeks to start trying again.

No comments: